Top 7 Reasons you should have a Facebook Page:
- Self-promotion – If you want to get your business out there, Facebook is a powerful tool. Facebook has about 1.11 billion (active March 2013) users, ^ a b “Facebook Reports First Quarter 2013 Results”. Facebook Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Interaction – Interaction and engagement is very important in today’s socially connected world. Followers and potential customers want to connect with you. They want to feel your humanness (whodathunk?). Facebook enables you to do so almost effortlessly. Followers can comment, like, or share something you posted, and most of all, your followers can connect with you, and other followers building a sense of community.
- Online presence – Having a Facebook page enables you to: 1.) build an online presence where you can connect with your followers. 2.) have an opportunity to reach the over 1 billion Facebook users. 3.) target specific or different kinds of markets and demographics as well as increases relevance through SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Drives traffic to your site – By adding your URL (http://www.sample.com/i.e. or web address (http://www.abcxyz.com) in the description area, in posts, or in comments, you have the possibility of driving traffic to your website.
- Analyze market – Want to know who your followers are, what the best time to post, who sees it, who is talking about your page, and your reach? Facebook gives you the ability to do so (30 likes first). Think of it as Facebook Analytics!
- Easy to manage and update – You don’t have to be a programmer to manage or update your page. It’s as simple as updating your profile’s status or uploading pictures. Post, comment, reply to an inbox; Remember Reason #2!
- It’s free! – O.K., maybe this should have been #1. Who doesn’t love FREE stuff? Facebook gives you all the above and It’s Free*!
It only takes a few minutes… and It’s Simply:
- Choose a category and a Page name that represents your business.
- Pick a logo or another image that people associate with your business to use as a profile picture.
- Write a sentence about your business so people understand what you do.
- Set a memorable web address for your Page that you can use on marketing material to promote your presence on Facebook.
- Choose a cover photo that represents your brand and showcases your product or service. It’s the first thing people will see when they visit your Page.
Today, almost everyone is on Facebook and businesses are expected to have a Facebook Page. Grow your business, build your brand and develop relationships with your customers. Be forward-thinking, join this trend now.
*Though, a valuable tool, a Facebook page does not take the place of your website. Having your own domain (realm of administrative autonomy, authority, or control) makes you a member of the biggest community of the world, the Internet. Remember to Read the Rules and Terms of Service on Facebook.