This week is Tornado Week, and Mother Nature is making sure it lives up to its reputation with destructive tornado activity across the South and Midwest. Tornadoes are dangerous, not only to homeowners, but also to businesses that are unprepared. Weather can take down buildings, as well as damage servers and other equipment.
Lord & Griffin IT Solutions is a all inclusive IT Solutions and Managed Services Provider (MSP) offering Cloud Hosting, Data and Disaster Recovery Solutions. We understand that businesses who have a disaster and data recovery plan in place for handling a weather-related disaster will save their time, money and ultimately stay in business. Be sure you’re prepared with this checklist.
- When disaster strikes, assess the damage. What’s the nature of the problem? Is it local to one machine, or does it affect entire systems? Have files been deleted? Are servers down?
- Outline the road to recovery. Do you need to restore the system or data? Do files and folders need to be recovered before system recovery? Prioritize recovery tasks according to their critical factors.
- Decide on your approach. Do you need a file restore, local virtualization, or off-site virtualization?
- Test network connectivity with users. Make sure that people are able to access their necessary resources virtually.
- Restore original systems. If the original systems need to be restored, decide how you will go about it.
- Analyze the restoration. Always do a thorough analysis after each restoration, to determine if ongoing issues need to be addressed and what could have been done better.
Being prepared with an outline of step-by-step recovery actions will make the process will go smoother and faster, and will make your customers more confident in your services. If you don’t have a Disaster Plan in place or are in need of having Data recovered, Call Us Today 888-404-8282